Tuesday, 13 December 2011
Idea for one of our DigiPak's
This was one of my ideas for the DigiPak. After looking at the Avenged Sevenfold digipak and seeing that they were animated characters, i thought that it would be worth a shot if i tried to create something like that. I was looking around on different programmes i could use to create this and found a couple online that would allow you to create your own avatars. I got each individual actor we used and dressed them according to what they were wearing the day of filming. After that it tried to include some intertextuality and binary oppositions using the props each character has. The one on the left has a halo representing innocence whilst the beer in his hand represents drugs and the background behind him represents crime. I tried using intertextuality by using the props on the next two guitarists. The middle-left one is wearing a top hat, much like the gutarist Slash from the band Guns N' Roses. The next avatar to the right has devil horns and a tail, this represents the guys from ACDC as they have one of them dressed as a devil on the album cover 'Highway To Hell'. The last avatar on the right has simply his drum sticks in the way most punk bands have their instuments out like on the album covers of Blink 182 'The Mark, Tom and Travis show' and Bowling for soup's album 'Rock On Honorable Ones!!' The background idea came from a conversation Tom and I had about what we could do for our DigiPak and thought of the idea of a mugshot. Unfortunately this seemed to be a tricky task to pull off so i thought that instead of waste that idea that i could include the background on to this picture. We got this idea by looking at CD covers such as Busted's album 'Busted'. After creating each individual charachter and chosing the right background, I had to combine all the pictures together to get the final product. I did this using simple programmes such as 'Paint' and 'Microsoft Word' to layer them on top of each other to create the final product. I did this by cropping each image on paint and copying them over to microsoft word so i could format the picture and make the background transparent enabling me to successfully layer them on top of each other. I then had to resize each individual avatar to make it look more realistic by having us at different hights. Then finally after correctly getting each avatar inline witheach other and resizing each one, i was then able to layer and save my final version of the DigiPak. This DigiPak i created could be used for the inside cover of the booklet. This image could be spread out over the 3 pages of the booklet.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment